Sunday, June 8, 2008

Running in the rain

Whee ooo.  I've nearly caught up with everything that I'd put off while studying and it's a good feeling.  I've had time to do a couple of fun things:

Celebrating my roommate Dana's birthday (homemade ice cream cake - a new favourite!)


Bekki Wallace, my really good friend (since Grade 2!) got married and I got to go to her wedding reception - it was a western theme and a good time was had by all. Jeffrey and Alita came with me.


Edmonton has been super rainy - my garden is growing well but we're having  difficulty keeping up with the running.  We got caught out in a thunder storm and got DRENCHED - but had a good time.  At least you don't get sweaty when running in a downpour.


All in all, things are good.  I'm chief resident for the ID program this next year so I'm trying to do a lot of stuff for that as well.  What fun....ha ha.  Looking forward to spending a week home at the end of the month.






4 comments:

Sue Ann Salmon said...

Hi Joanne, you'll need to pass along the recipe for the icecream cream cake. Sounds like your doing well, hope you can come and visit us sometime soon!

John Salmon said...

Yea, Joanne!

Pass along a congratulations to Bekki for me.

BYU Fish said...

Hey is that Dana Stovel? Oh my gosh...that's a blast from the past...but I remember her more like an 8 year old. What happened to the last what...15 years? Congrats on the moving...how is the garden? Love ya! AuntC.

Em said...

Your life looks like so much Fun!! I am glad that I found you blog. I always wonder what your up to. YOU look great, and so happy. Take care and it was really fun to have a glimps into your life!!